No work orders to report.
Please find below authoritative Government of Canada information on COVID-19. This link is updated daily as advice changes. Check regularly for up-to-date information.
A/Director General, Marine Safety and Security
Protecting yourself against COVID-19
The growing spread of the COVID-19 means that some people may be experiencing concern, stress, or anxiety due to news reports about the disease. This article will provide some guidelines and resources for people who want to protect themselves against possible infection.
What is COVID-19?
The COVID-19 is a respiratory virus that can affect breathing. Its symptoms are similar to those of a cold or flu: fever, headache, dry cough, and body aches with the added symptom of breathing problems. The incubation period during which a person has the disease but is not exhibiting symptoms can be between one day and two weeks. It’s possible that the virus can be passed on to others during the incubation period before the person carrying it starts to exhibit symptoms. This virus can be transmitted through person-to-person, as well as animal-to-person, contact.
Reducing your risk of exposure
The World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended that people follow these practices to help reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19 and a range of other infectious disease:
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, then use an alcohol-based hand rub.
• Be sure to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and try to cough into your elbow. Wash your hands afterwards.
• Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough.
• If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider.
• If you visit a market with live animals in an area experiencing coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces they may have touched.
• Avoid eating or drinking raw or undercooked animal products. You should also handle raw meat, milk, or animal organs with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods.
If you are experiencing stress or anxiety because of the COVID-19, don’t hesitate to contact your Lifeworks employee assistance program to speak with a caring counsellor at1-877-207-8833.
You can also find other articles in regards to COVID-19 on Lifeworks’ website at http://www.lifeworks.com.
For staff onboard our ships